Friday, November 27, 2015

Paint it Black

An ember in the darkness wakes me up every day and just before I open my eyes it disappears, but in that split-second of light I see everything- from old lovers to old streets, from the distant past when I was a ball of blood to the wrinkled absurd future we all hold- the slow ones, the safe ones , and it seems like an eternity and I cannot escape it, it goes on for a while. Time consumes me.
I painted my clock-face black a long time ago. It still makes that tick tock sound beneath the veil of paint reminding me that time wouldn't stand still for anyone, and the mornings are not gonna get better- in time alarm clocks would replace a lover's gentle voice and...
I should just leave it there, as I know we will get by, like every other people- happy and sad, a bit of both until time consumes itself and everything is quiet and dark- like that dreamless sleep, you know.

No comments: