Friday, November 27, 2015

For the Holiday that didn't happen

A couple of years ago, all I could think about around this time was leaving the mechanical solitude of the campus I was living in, you know, so that I could come back and wade through a sea of people who were much crazier than me.
My hometown, full of people and flies.
Often in life you are in the midst of things and you don't notice it, like you know, how we don't see the spiral Milky Way galaxy because we live on it and only an alien from another galaxy could see us in all our entirety. I believe in simple words- no matter how many mirrors you put in front of you, you can never be your best judge and that's why it's important to ask the ones you love and the ones who give a shit- to tell you what the hell they like about you and not the other way round- because for God's sake ( or I should say Durga's sake) enough Asurs have born out of the vocation of ill feelings.
Be good to each other, I will tell my devotees, if I were a prophet. Be good to each other, because its Durga Pujo and god doesn't exist.

Goodbye Calcutta,
see you in two weeks.

No comments: