Wednesday, May 28, 2014

In our Heartbeats.

I wake up every morning
to this blaring sound of an alarm
and my heart races, but 
I don't lose
races.  I win them,
even at the expense of my 
heart. 

I want to write you a poem my love, you know, 
just for old times- 
for those electronic nights 
between our spacebars and 
moon lips. 


It is meant to be beautiful,
this morning-  blue sky
and chriping birds, a little girl
playing Mozart on the other side 
of the courtyard where 
non-chalant pigeons flock together 
in that  immortal music. Yes, 
something like that.

Sometimes I think,
 numbers are beautiful too, you know,
like those seventy eight birds in 
a flock returning back to their 
nests, 
crossing miles of skies, unaware of the
thousand and four brave men 
 marching together against a tyrant king
 in the lands below-
shouting, hooting, roaring, from 
deep within their 
hearts

Rolled over on the far side of my window
is a sunlit pendulum
whose every movement I am aware of. 
It makes me sad, that swinging pendulum, 
that counting machine which
makes me race
every time, when I could have just loved
you. 


Yes,I have believed in measured time, I have
believed in 
calendars and clepsydrae.  
I have believed in patterns that would engulf 
me,but I don't
want to measure time anymore, not in 
swinging pendulums.  

Trust me when I say this, for in
years to come I shall become
my words- yes just that, and that is why
you should know-

want to touch your heart and 
count every beat, each one-for in this life 
and another,
time and everything else 
must be measured in
our 
heartbeats,

like you
 always wanted. 

1 comment:

Olive Oyl said...

You are back here you are back you are back :D