Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Poetry for the insomniacs

Elope with me into that dying gaze
of the sunset, elope with me where the Azure
is vermilion- whose color like Van Gogh’s
palette- whose words like Tolstoy echo over
the brims of another continent.
The night sky has
reddened.


This night the sky has reddened and my favorite
book lie face-down on the table, waiting for its reader
to blow the trumpet- to turn the pages over, to mark
the words he won’t fathom, to mark the lines he would
forget. I am not awake, I am dreaming
that I am awake like the dead dream of living
and the world is a big bad maze.

Elope with me through the big bad mazes, let’s
make love- let’s purify our veins with the
remembrance of yesterday-when we were too
young to hold hands and not feel love, but love?

My heart beats now, my words are sallow,
the sky has reddened and it shall rain.
Would you love me
again? 

No comments: