Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Bee Wife

Once upon a time
In my raggedy little room
Came a little bee
And she rested upon my knee.
Yellow she was-
The colour of the sun.




But as old men warn
About sparks in a barn
About beauty that weep
And feelings of a creep..

So I heard their chorus in my sleep

‘’Must we not fear little things
That swings and stings?’’




My brain stood aside
It wanted a stride
To crush the little bee
A flowers glee
Forever into that sullen sea.

But my heart forbade my grey friend
It beat,
 ‘Let her be. Let her be.’


So the story goes
As you see
That men like me
Like owning things
Living things
For no fee.



‘Pet’- Said my dear friend
In a tempest fury.
‘Hell No!’ I said

Wife she is to me.



And so I sinned
Until she stung
And died upon my hairy knee.

No comments: